In the spirit of being more open and transparent, I wanted to kick this off with a product issue a customers is having with his doll. On the second day the customer emailed to say that he believed the left leg had become detached from the skeleton so I asked him to send in a video.
I could see from the video there was a definite issue as the leg does not hold any position and simply flops back to the bed. Having seen this a few times over the years, I believed this was simply a loose joint, rather than a detached joint. Having read something on a forum the customer thought it might still be detached so I advised him to put the leg straight and then pull on it, i.e. as if trying to pull it out of the socket. From this, he saw that it was not detached and felt a little better about the situation.
We sent the customers video to the factory and received an instructional video back in return on how to fix the problem. We asked the customer to perform this operation on camera so we can see if it works. The customer has now tried the fix (see around 1:10 on the video) and said that it was not successful. I informed the factory and sent them the video and they have confirmed that they will now make a new doll for the customer.